We were able to convey an idea to them through a few rough hand drawn sketches which suddenly appeared as a cad drawing, they then knew different people for every step of the process, very likeable, very thorough, very professional!
For all DIY enthusiasts and professionals alike, hiding wiring quickly and cost effectively is something that is both desirable and necessary. Rapid Cap had an idea for a trunking system consisting of a single hinged component (compared to other systems that come in two parts) that has a number of benefits:
- Being a single component the cost of tooling is significantly reduced
- Similarly the bill of material is reduced
- It is easier and simpler to fit
- It is easier and cheaper for retailers to stock (as well as improving their inventory management as they stock a single component product only)
What we did:
- Designed and developed the Rapid Cap system, a quick fit electrical wire trunking system that is fitted in seconds and re-opened with ease
- The Design consists of a simple co-extruded plastic part
- Reverse engineered a basic prototype into 3D CAD and refined into a manufacture ready design
- Created accurate drawings in order for the client to approach suitable manufacturers and obtain prices
- Created realistic CAD renders that have been used to illustrate the product to potential stockists
The Rapid Cap system is now in production and is getting rave reviews from the industry "We were able to convey an idea to them through a few rough hand drawn sketches which suddenly appeared as a cad drawing, they then knew different people for every step of the process, very likeable, very thorough, very professional!"
Fripp Design and Research are utilising our network of contacts to help Rapid Cap accelerate their time to market.